Friday, September 26, 2008

Blanket story....




My boys both have a strong attachment to their blankets they have had since birth. Big Brother used to call his "bye" and now it's simply "blanket" and Little Brother calls his "tee tee." Where these names came from who knows?? I do know that I also had a blanket - my "nee nee" and I will admit I held onto it for way too... long. I specifically recall the weekend I lost it. I was staying with Nichole (my cousin) at her parents penthouse at the Sheraton in North Myrtle Beach and I left it in one of the bedroom dressers. When I came back later to look for it the maid had thrown it out thinking it was some old rag. Needless to say, I was very upset..Yes, I know 12 years old is too long to have a childhod blanket, but I did.... I do hope that the boys will shed their blankets before they are almost teenagers!!!

No comments: